Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Can you suggest some Irish names?

I'm Irish and looking for some Irish names, but having trouble.


Names that are easy for Americans to pronounce (I live in the USA) would be preferred, but the more traditional Irish names would be ok for middle names.





Please list as many as possible!


Thanks! :)|||There are some Irish names that are quite easy for non-Irish people to pronounce! You don't have to sacrifice authenticity for convenience. :)



Girls:

Ciara (Kee-ra)

L茅ana (Lay-a-na)

R贸s (Rose)

Treasa (Tra-sa)

Caitr铆ona (Kat-ree-na)



Boys:

Oscar

Cian (Kee-an)

Cormac (Kor-mac)

Cillian (Kill-ee-an)

Ciar谩n (Keer-an)

Tiern谩n (Teer-nan)



Okay, I know some of those aren't exactly pronounced how you would expect, but at least they're quite close! And some - especially R贸s, Oscar, and Cormac, I think, wouldn't cause any pronunciation issues, and they're authentically Irish.



Hope this helps!



Edit: I just have to add that some of the names people have given you here would never be used in Ireland! Sullivan, Cassidy, and Reilly are all surnames here, and names like Colleen, Brady and Brody are practically unheard of.|||Reiley


Brianna


Briana


Sean


Brady


Brian


Oscar





I'm also Irish, my name is Brianna, my dad's is Brian. I love Reiley and Brady, though!|||Alanah

Caitlin

Ciara

Britta

Kira

Michaela

Patricia

Siobhan (Sha-Von)



Brady

Brody

Bryant

Colin

Connor

Liam

Logan

Michael

Morgan

Patrick

Owen

Schuyler (Skylar)|||Katie O'Hara


Brian O'Mally


Sullivan


Gerard


Pierce|||Ryan


Cassidy


Shannon


Reilly


Megan


Maureen


Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment