Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What are your thoughts on the following Irish girl names?

Alastríona (al-as-TREE-na)





Clodagh (CLO-da)





Gormlaith (GORM-lee)





Íde (EE-da)





Líadan (LEE-din)





Maeve (MAYV)





Máire (MOY-ra)





Sorcha (SOR-kha)





Thank you.|||I like


Íde


Maeve


Máire





the rest I'm not fond of|||I like Alastríona, Clodagh, Íde, and Líadan.


i think Íde is my favorite though.


and Alastríona sounds really pretty and elegant, but its kind of a mouthful.|||Isn't a claddagh that heart with crown being held by two hands? It's a symbol of friendship and loyalty.


I love Maeve, and Íde is okay, but the rest are a bit much. Unless you live in Ireland, that is.|||ida is so beautiful, I think the best one would be the one that means the most to you i guess. They have translations you can find on a name meaning site|||I like them all except Gormlaith. Maeve is actually my newborn daughter's name.|||I like...


Alastriona


Clodagh


Ide


Liadan- My favorite!


Maeve


Sorcha





Also:


Saoirse


Aoife


Neeve|||They are all a little out there for my taste.


I prefer the following for Irish names:


Aislin


Briley


Devin


Flynn


Keeran


Maili


Quinn


Sloane|||I like Maeve :)


The others are too hard to say or just sound too different to me.|||hmm...i like Liadan. i had an irish stter named Maeve...so i dont know about that.


My name is Maura, thats irish|||go with the K names. Kiley, Keely, Kelly. your list sounds weird.|||I Like Alastriona, Ide, Maeve! :D|||I like Liadan, Maire and Sorcha|||i like maeve|||i dont like any of them sorry.|||you are a sick sick cruel person

No comments:

Post a Comment