Friday, January 20, 2012

What are some Irish boy names that are easy to pronounce in their original form?

I am seeking Irish boy names that can easily be pronounced by English-speakers, even with the original Irish spelling. I don't know if this is even possible, but I thought I'd ask.





I am not seeking Anglicized spellings; I am seeking original Irish spellings that are, nonetheless, non-challenging to the English speaker.|||Sean. It's become recognized as a typically spelling of Shawn or Shaun, so even though it doesn't make sense to an English speller phonetically, it's spelling and sound are known. I like the name Sean, it's completely Irish, but still easy to pronounce for English speakers.|||Breand谩n


Brogan


Carrig


Cathal


Conan


Conor


Corrigan


Darragh


Declan


Desmond


脡amonn


Faol谩n


Keegan


Lachlan


Logan


Lorc谩n


Niall


Roarke


R贸rd谩n


S茅amus





My favorites are Darragh, Declan, Faol谩n, Logan, Niall, and R贸rd谩n.|||Patrick


Kielan


Timothy


Tagh





Answer mine?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>|||Ronan (row-nen)


Sean (shawn)


Liam


Aiden (aye-den)


Kiernan (keer-nan)


James


Owen


Ryan


Bryan|||Cian (Kee-in)





I like the spelling "Kian" better though.|||Kian


Ciaran


Sean


Declan


Conor


Davin


Liam


Cillian


Lachlan


Quinlan|||Brennan





This is a family name on my side and my son's middle name.|||Does Seamus count? Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment