Friday, January 27, 2012

What are some nice IRISH or Gaeli names for girls? Please put proper way to pronounce it as well...This is for?

This is for a story I am writing and I need a few lovely female names that are used in Ireland preferably or at least around that area|||maeve (may v)|||some of me favourites...





Emer - pronounced exactly how it looks


Aine - pronounced on-yah


Sinead - prounced shin-ead (ead like at the end of lemonade)


Aoife - pronounced ee-fa





I can't get fada's on this laptop but google the names and the spelling with fada's should come up.





Another name i really like is Eilidh - its a scots gaelic name and used a lot in scotland. It's prounced ay-lee.|||Niamh (neev)


Siobhan (shi-vorn)


Aoife (ee-fa)


Ciara (keer-a)


Roisin (ro-sheen)


Fiona (fee-ona)


Saoirse (seer-sha)


Orlaith (or-la)


Caoimhe (kee-va)|||Siobhan


Sigourney is Irish too I think

No comments:

Post a Comment