Friday, January 27, 2012

What do the names of the Irish political parties mean in Irish ?

When I went to Ireland, I saw that the names of the political parties were in Irish. Can you translate them, please ? I would like to know what they mean (I think Sinn Fein is we ourselves but I don't know for the other ones)|||Fianna Fail the most sucessful party means 'Soldiers of Destiny' and were formed by those who were against the treaty with the British (the Fianna were a band of warriors in Irish folklore who were led by Fionn Mac Cumhail pronounced MacCool)





Fine Gael 'Family of Gaels' was formed by a merger of the parties who supported the treaty





Sinn Fein 'Ourselves Alone'





and of course the Irish labour Party|||crap crap crap thats what they are|||Basically they all mean 'Kill the English'. :)|||Click here:





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_polit鈥?/a>





And then click the links, you'll find the answer to your question

No comments:

Post a Comment